Adult Rider Camps
2017 Adult Rider Camp
Come join us for three fun filled days of lessons with great instructors, evening dinners and wine with lots of fun and comradery….all being held at a great venue this April!
Dates: April 20th to 23rd, 2017
Location: Spokane Sport Horse Farm 10710 S. Sherman Rd, Spokane, WA. 99224 www.spokanesporthorse.com
About our Camp Instructors:
Bea Di Grazia
•Level 4 ICP Instructor
•Eventing Dressage "r" Judge
•Has coached riders to the 4 star and Olympic level
•Worked with Jack LeGoff and Jimmy Wofford for years
•Has ridden at Badminton,Burghley,Rolex,Boekelo,Lumuehlen,etc.
•ICP Level 3 instuctor
•Level "S "Technical delegate and Level "r" eventing judge.
•Over 30 years coaching experience
•Has competed to the Advanced level.
•Was awarded the 2013 USEA Cornerstone Instuctors trophy
•Katy is an FEI rider with competitive experience through the CCI3*** level in eventing and Prix St. George in dressage. She also has ample experience developing young horses for careers in dressage, eventing, endurance, and other disciplines.She has studied under Ray Hunt, Buck Davidson, David O'Connor, and Hawley Bennett Awad - to name a few - and she caries many of their philosophies into her own teaching. Katy stresses the importance of effective rider position in helping the horse to develop on a foundation of forwardness and straightness; she also strives to teach riders how to be aware of the unique biomechanics of each horse's movement so that the rider may help develop the horse's physical talents in a way that complements their own natural way of going.She relies on gymnastics and accuracy exercises in her training program to keep horses strong, supple, and competition-ready.
What’s Included in Camp:
· Three lessons over 3 days including a private dressage lesson and 2 group lessons in show jumping, cross country. Stabling for 3 nights, 2 bag of shavings, 2 dinners, use of facilities and grounds for camping are also included. $475
o A La Carte lessons are available and can be selected on the entry form.
o Auditors, spouses, and family are more than welcome. Dinner tickets available with advance notice. Please see entry form. Auditing without meals is free for Adult Riders!
Evening Entertainment and Meals:
· Dinner will be provided on Friday and Saturday nights along with a nice selection of wine and plenty of entertainment. One evening we will serve pizza and the other a nice dinner. You are on your own for breakfast and lunch.
· Thursday, April 20th—Arrive anytime. Potluck Dinner and Welcome Party!
· Friday April 21st-Sunday—Private dressage, group show jumping, and cross country lessons.
To register for camp, please complete and mail in the following items:
ð 2017 AR Camp/Clinic Entry Form with your selections and total cost
ð Release Form for USEA Educational Activities and Schooling Shows, completed and signed
ð Release Form for Spokane Sport Horse Farm, completed and signed
ð You full payment for camp and extra options payable to Area VII Adult Riders
ð Stall Cleaning Deposit Check – must be a separate check for $25/horse, payable to Area VII Adult Riders
ð Participation in Camp Selection(s)
Link to Entry Form, 2 Release Forms, 2 Separate Payments (Stall Deposit & Entry fee) to:
25601 NE 10th Ave
Ridgefield, WA 98642
· To reserve your spot, you must include full payment along with your completed entry and release forms. Incomplete entries will not be put into camp until all payments and forms are received.
· There are 35 spots available, riders will be registered on a first come, first serve basis. All others will be added to a waitlist.
· Ride times will be posted the week of Camp.
· If you are a USEA member but have not joined AR, please join on-line thru the USEA. http://useventing.com/sites/default/files/2013_USEA_Membership_Application_0.pdf
· If you would like a Local-Only Adult Rider membership, please fill out the above USEA form but make your check payable to Area VII Adult Riders and enclose it with your entry.
· Dogs must be leashed and supervised and please pick up all their leftovers.
· No jumping outside of lessons; offenders will be asked to leave camp early with no refund.
Participation in Camp:
We are asking all those enrolled in camp (or your strong significant others) to help by donating some of your time to help with this event to keep our costs down. Below are some things we could use your help with.
Please select at least one option and enter your selection on the Entry Form:
ð Get a donation for the 40 gift baskets before camp
ð Set-up and move jumps during the day
ð Be a runner to coaches, delivering messages and snacks
ð Assist in stabling and getting people checked in
ð Help wherever it is needed
Entry for 2017 Adult Rider Camp
Date(s) to be held: April 20th to April 23rd. Location: Spokane Sport Horse Farm—Spokane,Wa.